Monday, October 4, 2010

The big 2!

Wow...
After staying home on Friday I just kept getting worse.. This cold is no fun.
But as they say...the show must go on and it really did! We had Gracie's 2nd birthday party on Sunday so we had lots of things to do to get ready!

Shopping, cleaning, decorating and of course time out for a hockey pool!
By the time we got home I could barely stand anymore. I was congested, sleep deprived and I was really feeling my MS knocking but I had a party to plan!

Once we got to bed...at midnight! I was so happy to visit with my pillow but Grace was up at 4AM...Are you kidding me...I grabbed her, put her in my bed in hopes of getting maybe 1 more hour of sleep...please... NO! She tossed and turned, giggled, tickled, poked and squeezed.
Yeah... there goes that idea!
By 6:30 we were up and getting ready for the day and what a day it was!

We are so blessed to have wonderful friends! We love them and love to be with them. It was a nice treat to have all of them together for fun. Birthday aside what a fun time!

Back to birthday...having so many friends with so many kids (we really do love kids!) that we see on a regular basis we invited all of them - 18 kids in case you were wondering!
So we planned big! Having a small house, we did a little dance hoping for a nice day. The weather Gods and I where on the same page!
Bouncy castle, ball pit, lots of food and a great big cake!

By 3 o'clock everyone was gone and we were all hiding in our bed napping! Then we got the best call of the day!

"Hi kids, what a great party! We are making dinner. Steak, veggies you know,the usual, come on over if you like!"

Aw Donna - what a life saver! There was no way we were making anything for dinner!

Now it's Monday morning, we are all sick like dogs but it was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment