Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Meat balls, burns and visits

I have been so bad and I am so sorry.
It's been a very strange past month but here goes!

On October 5th it had been one whole year back at work from Maternity leave. I can't belive it!It's been a great year. I still love my work, love coming home to be with Mark and Grace and still look forward to both going to work and coming home! Life is good!

Mid-month, after a very busy weekend we were looking forward to having a good home cooked meal on a Sunday night before going back to work...that was too much to ask for!
Mark was on meat ball duty and I was on veggies and something else I forget!
He browned the outside of the meat balls and placed them in the oven to finish cooking. He took the pan out of the oven and placed in on the stove. He then turned around to grab a plate and start serving. He had the oven mitt on the right hand but usually served with that hand...He grabbed the pan with his left hand (I was cleaning dishes and not looking) and I heard him say "Wow, this pan is hot!" "What's that sizzling sound?" Then I heard the pan hit the floor. I turned to say..."What the hell..." And realised what had happened.
A trip to the ER scared us even more since they were talking about possible skin grafts and all kinds of things. We had a few visits to the Burn Clinic and Mark is doing very good. He is now peeling and the new skin is very sensitive but I'm so happy things are better then we could hope for!

My mom came for a quick visit. That was fun but too much shopping for my blood!
Grace had a great time playing with her, showing her all her books and toys. They had a tea party or 3! But mostly just hang out was the best!

As far as me. I have been SUPER!
Even with lack of sleep on most nights I am doing great!
I had a strange sensation while my mom was here and it made my heart skip a beat but was only around for a few hours.
I was sitting at the computer and Grace came to see me for something. I turned and bent down. I always get to her level. When I bent down my sight all went pink. Kinda like when you put a colour filter on a picture and it is all in a certain colour but diffrent shades.
It was the strangest feeling. I automatically sat up and tried to focus on my hand thinking the light went funny but wasn't! It went away as soon as I sat up but came back twice for a few minutes. It hasn't happened since and I guess I really should call the doctor but if you know me...

Let's see if I call!

No comments:

Post a Comment