Friday, October 1, 2010

The joy of being a mommy...

Have you had the sneezing fit yet?
Just you wait...it will catch up to you and you will share my pain!

I started sneezing at work yesterday like I have never sneezed before. Within 2 hours I went from tired to sick as a dog. I was feeling horrible and by the time we went to bed I could barely see straight. But that wasn't enough to let me sleep. I think I was overtired with a little of a runny nose and a 2 year old still waking up at night...

I stayed home today which I rarely do. I didn't get any sleep but it was nice to just veg.

But back to my 2 year old...She has discovered "pockets".
I know you are all thinking "Aw" and "that's too cute". I know because I thought the same thing until I you know...I got sick, stayed home and of course we all know you never just get to veg!
I have done 5 loads of laundry today (we have been very busy over the passed 2 weeks!) and let me tell you of the treasures I found!

I founds lots of "pennies" - Gracie's words for coins...where does she find all the money!
I founds about 1/2 cup of sun flower seeds - again...where did she find them?
I found a lip gloss - OK...that one was probably mine!
I found what I think to be 5 crayons - hard to tell once they are all broken!
I founds some rocks - at least this I know where she got!
And I found...Kleenex - you all know how much fun that is!

So on top of my daily "duties" as a mom I now have to add ...Grace...empty your pockets!

But you know as irritating as this was to find in my washer I just had to laugh.
It's amazing to see and watch her grow and discover.
Let's see what my next load will uncover!

No comments:

Post a Comment