Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pumpkins in December?

"look Mommy...Pumpkin!"
"Where Gracie?"
"Right there mommy" ...she points...
"Where?...the Snowman?"
"Yeah! the pumpkin!"

Welcome to a minute conversation with Grace!
So the next time you are talking with me and I am just not getting it...It's probably because I have brain washed to have a completely diffrent vocabulary!

I have been working like a mad woman this month. I love it but I am ready to celebrate with the DI clients and then veg at home!
Along side by side to Mark we have been working double time this past month to make sure the Clients at the DI get a Christmas worth celebrating. Our hearts are at the DI on a regular day but this time or year it just seems more important.

For my tidbit this week of writting I want us all to think of the important things we don't stop and take time for during the hustle and bustle of the holidays.

Grace has been at the DI with us morning noon and night. He have been noticing that she has been far more needy lately. I finally this past weekend... "I miss you mommy..." Break my heart.

Last night Mark and I took a break from work. We got home for 5, delivered gifts to our great neighbours, ordered a pizza, rented a Christmas movie and snuggled on the couch.

This was exactly what Gracie wanted. Time.

Did you remember to take Time lately?
Time to say Hi, or ask how a day is going, offer a pat on a back for work well done?

Thy it...it's far more rewarding then anything else you will do this busy time of year...I promise!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Nat. And I'm so relieved you and Mark finally took a break!!!!

    While we could not do what we do without your help, it is vital you give yourself medicine too!

    Thank you for all you do. You and Mark and Grace are making a significant difference and you are helping make Christmas a special and memorable day for everyone at the DI.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete