Monday, December 13, 2010

Physio, chiro, doctor - repeat!

Being part of a car accident is never fun. Being in one just before Christmas is a major pain. Being in one and having to involve WCB (Workers Compensation Board) because it's the law...well that takes the cake.
The first thing you are supposed to do when injured at work is to report it to your employer and complete a WCB form. Well, when you are in a car, heading to a course that you wanted to take the last thing you think of is...hmmm.. I really should call WCB...
I got into trouble for being late completing that report but they gave me a break.

I have been struggling with MS symptoms since the accident. The jar from the accident completely undid the progress I've done over the past year with my upper cervical care with Dr. Kale. I could cry. I hadn't been to the chiro in almost 2 months and I am back to going twice a week. I used to get my neck adjusted once every 3-5 months. I have been adjusted 6 times in 2 weeks. When my neck is out I get dizzy, nauseated, tired, cranky and just all round icky.

On top of the need for chiro I have had to do Physio. I met the best Physio ever. Her name is Stephanie and she has a great energy and personality. I say it often and here I go again....Thing happen for a reason. It's a small world. Her best friend graduated from the same high school I did! She did great work on my neck, back and shoulders. She has moved back to Ottawa and I wish her the best. It was nice to have a French speaking practitioner. I don't get that very often out here!

I have been doing my regular work while getting better but most of my work has been filing out form after form after form as well as running from one appointment to the next.

Being that I didn't know about the WCB stuff I have been going to a chiro and physio clinic that is not WCB approved. This week I owe almost $900. I've been told that this has to come out of my pocket and that once WCB makes up their mind if they will cover me or not then I might be able to get re-imbursed...yes might...

I am so frustrated....

No comments:

Post a Comment