Sunday, November 21, 2010

One death for Liberation

Many have asked me how I feel about the news of one death after the Liberation treatment.

I have many views on this.
My first being that I feel very sad for the family. A loss is never easy and this is not an exception.

My second is anguish. I'm angry that media will find one person, one death and focus...capitalize if you wish on such a horrible thing. They failed however at showing how many MS'ers have gained from the treatment. How many have been able to stand up, or move an arm or even had better bladder control. Why is it that they show one death and make it sound like this treatment is the worst thing out there.

I am disgusted that the Canadian doctors refused health care to a Canadian resident. A person who was born here and has participated in paying taxes and CPP and most likely all other things "Canadian". I am discussed that people from other ethnic groups will come to Canada (don't get me wrong immigration I have no problems with) and bring many other family members here simply for our health care (this is were I see the problem). How is bringing an 80 year old to Canada help anything other then lining the doctors pockets with more money.

Do I sound a bit harsh...Yes but I think that some if not most probably think the same but won't say anything.

How I feel...It's a good questions.

If I was a serious MS case, if I met the requirements for the Liberation treatment, I would do an other fundraiser and get my butt where ever I could and get operated on.
I think that if you get even one day of sweet relief from your symptoms...it would be worth it.
I hope that people do not give up on hope. This treatment has helped and just like any other treatment...it's not for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment