Tuesday, July 26, 2011

+30C…that’s ok!

If you follow my blog or know about MS then you know that MS and the heat simply do not mix. They are arch nemesis!

In June the weather was just wrong, not just here in Alberta but everywhere. All I wanted was to see the sun. It didn’t have to be hot but just a bit of sun…please!

Then July arrived with its lovely summer face…Welcome back old friend…where have you been hiding for the last, well, too long!

Since the Sun has arrived I have spent every waking moment outside. Morning to water the flowers (oh you should see our yard!) Noon to walk or lunch in the park with friends and co-workers (Oh…did you know I love food!) and Night too. We get home from work, change into shorts and head out. We only come in to get food to cook outside! Then around 9 Grace gets tired and that’s the sign to head in.

I remember the first summer in 2009 when I was diagnosed. I could barely make it from the house to the car if it was too warm. Never mind hot!
This year is the best summer yet. A few weekends ago it was so hot out that I pulled out the small pool for Grace and filled it up. We had so much fun playing with the hose, sprinkler and pool toys! What a great day!

Do you remember when you were a kid how much more tolerant you were of cold water? Do you recall your parents saying “Don’t splash me! It’s too cold!”?
Well let me tell you…”News Flash Natalie…I think you are now considered a parent!”
WOW was the water cold! But Grace was having so much fun that I sucked it up and it was so worth playing with her like that!

So my final thought here…HEAT…yes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment