Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yodio!

And my goal for today is to fill the main page with all new posts!

Last week I received a strange email from someone I didn’t know. I am getting used to messages and calls from strangers because of Scentsy but this was different. Now, I say strange because the context is not something you get everyday and it caught me off guard!

Let me tell you about it!
The title of the email was listed as “Interested in your blog” and it came to the address I typically use for Scentsy. So I stopped and scratched my head…I don’t blog about Scentsy…or do I…Eh?...

Me being curious, I read on.
Andrea is a student at the University of British Columbia and is doing her Master’s in Educational Technology. She was asking me if I would be interested in doing a brief interview with her about my MS blog. She is creating a course which is part of her school program on using the internet to find information on medical issues as well as sharing personal stories. She is also hoping to incorporate the interview into her work with Patient Voices Network in Vancouver.

I sat and thought about this for a few minutes. I am flattered on a regular day when people tell me they read my blog or tell me I need to “get back at it”. I was truly honoured that my blog inspired Andrea for her project. As you know, I am an open book on most topics especially my MS.



I replied saying “of course I would help her with her project”.

We setup a time and had a great conversation, not just about my blog but life and friends. She is a very nice person and I was happy I agreed to help her. She got to work right away and created this great slideshow of our interview together.
I invite you to take a look at her Yodio and share your comments.

Thank you Andrea for helping spread awareness. I look forward to your future work.
It is my turn to say…I hope that I have represented you in a fair, honest and accurate way. If I have missed anything or if you would like to add something please do!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thanks for your kind comments and for sharing the Yodio! It's exciting to read all your posts this week.

    ReplyDelete