Monday, September 20, 2010

Comfort food anyone

I think we are all thinking the same...soup, pot roast, hot chocolate...
Am I on to something here!

I must admit that with this weather I too have succumbed to the soup (I hate soup on a regular day), the nice bone in beef roast (I had 2 in 3 days!) and the hot chocolate in our house turned into watered down apple cider (less sugar). the comfort food was definitely designed for a good reason but one thing I want you to keep in mind is the "good" food we still need to keep enjoying from the summer months.

I am struggling with eating my fruit and veggie snacks everyday but there are so many good vitamins that we all need. Keep eating them! Even if it's only 10 grapes, or 5 strawberries or the alternate for the season...grab a pear!

I stopped taking my vitamin D3 over the summer months since I was outside every day.
Did you know that you need a minimum of 2o minutes in the sun with your arms and legs bare (even from sunscreen) to get your daily dose of D3?
I have started taking my D3 x 4 tablets everyday again. It's hard to get back in the habit but I certainly feel the difference when I take them.

That's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment