Tuesday, May 11, 2010

So strange!

So little time!
It seems we have been too busy to think lately. Have you?
Between research, work, home, family and simply me I just don't know what way it up sometime!

That is a great seg-way...

I have heard and read of many fellow MS'ers talk and write about the "Fog". I never could relate until this past week. I think I get it now! I always do my best to look to the bright side so on this one I tell myself "it only last a few minutes". I can't imagine what it must be like to be like this days in and out!
How can I describe?
It's like this..I'll be sitting doing something and a few minutes later I wonder how long I was "out" for. I am still awake and conscious but I haven't a clue how to connect the dots for a few minutes. So strange!

Another strange thing that has been going on for some time that I never really wrote about was my numb legs. This has been going on for some time but I again don't dwell on it so I always forget to talk about it!

I walked to Mark's work on Friday afternoon. I walked about 1 city block before my legs went numb. They only ever go numb when I am walking - not looking around in the grocery store walking ;). I am also a fast walker.
To describe this would be like this.
I hate to make you think winter...Spring is finally just starting to make an effort but here goes!
Try, if you will to remember what it's like when there is a snow storm and you are out shovelling. The wind and snow make your legs really cold. When you come in from outside and touch your legs...this is it...You can feel yourself touching them but your legs can't really feel you touching them. This is just before your legs start to sting because you are so cold and starting to warm up!
That's what my legs feel like when I walk fast to get somewhere. I can feel my pants, the stitching of my pants, my pockets, the hem...all of it.
Once I sit for a few minutes I am ok again.

So strange!

No comments:

Post a Comment