Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Overwhelmed

Today and this past week I have been overwhelmed.
I have busy reading MS studies and different researches performed that are not commonly known yet or even acknowledged in Canada or the US.
I have always have done this and love to have knowledge on things that affect me.

Once you are diagnosed with a disease your wheels are always turning. You are always thinking of hypotheses of possible cures or causes. It's very strange but that's the way it is!

I have so much information to share with you that I really am not sure where to start!
Everything from brain / blood drainage, Chiropractic care proven to help MS patients, headaches, high iron deposits and on and on!

The easy one I think is what I'll post today!

I've mentioned before that I have lots of headaches and I tend to call them my Myelin headaches!

Shared Solutions is the company that distributes my injections as well as the goodies needed for self injections. Every month they send a pamphlet of new information on MS. This month it was titled "Do you have MS and suffer from headaches?" Oh.. me me me..(with my hand held up like a kid in a class room!)

I never realised this was connected. After all.. I only know me not other MS patients symptoms!

Turns out that many of us suffer from chronic headaches commonly known as migraines. The research shows that women are the ones most affected and it tends to be the women who have had symptoms at a very early age (prior to being diagnosed). Also it indicated that these women are the ones that have the most pain. I fit in this category very nicely!

It also indicated triggers that can cause the headaches. From memory I remember aged cheeses, possessed meats (hot dogs), weather changes and red wine. I had never paid attention to what might cause my headaches but red wine I knew.

I've tried red wines many times and one sip gives me an instant headache for hours or even days!

That's today's lesson.

Class dismissed!

No comments:

Post a Comment