Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Anger and relief

As promised, today I am on anguish and relief.

A Cure. Anyone in their right mind would be happy right! Well I'm not really in my right mind...Or am I!?

I'll start with anger so we can finish on a good note!

Anger
It makes me angry because doctors seem to be arrogant. If they are not the one that made the discovery they tend to not believe. They want to do the research themselves. Granted, they could find things missed or mistakes but obviously human testing has been done.
Wheelchair bound people are now walking thanks to the research of a doctor who has put his heart and soul into a research not only for the interest but for his personal gain.

The way I see it, Dr. Zamboni was brave enough to go against the big companies and make a very bold statement and also using his own wife as a Guinea pig.

If there is anyway that this treatment can and could help people who are sick, there shouldn't be a waiting period.
But of course, this decision comes from people who are NOT ill.

I could take years for the treatment to be recognised and then how will they decide who gets it first?

My relief
I know that I will get to see my grand kids one day. I will be able to one day have a sense of normalcy again.

There are doctors that are willing to perform the surgery now. Today. All I need to do is pay to get the scans. Pay to find a doctor. Pay to have the surgery. And I am OK with this. This makes me happy. I tell myself, these doctors...they understand.

My relief is that now there is something in my grasp. I can fund raise to get the funds to get my Liberty. I can sleep at night knowing that I am not going to depend on an injection that I don't believe is working as well as it should be. I can grow old and look forward to getting something else that may or may not be worse then the things MS can do but at least I've concurred one thing and that makes other things seems not so bad!

Strange eh..I told you, my head..it's in strange places lately!

Tomorrow I'll explain in easy words what this operation does and what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment