Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Feelin' better

Well I certainly feel better then I did early this month!
I still have a lingering sinus congestion but I am way better!
My first relapse seemed to go on forever and I missed out on a great summer because the heat and fatigue factor. 12 very long weeks.
This relapse, dare I say I'm on the tail end?
It was winter which I think made a difference because I deal way better with the cold.

The worst of this relapse I would say was the severe heat flashes.
Everyone in the office would be freezing and covering up with sweaters or even their coat and here I was looking insane in a tank top and wishing I could strip down to my undies! Not to mention the ice packs under the arms and around my neck!
I did talk to my nurse about this and it seems to be a "Natalie" symptom.

This past Saturday there was a very long story in the Calgary National Post on the research papers and procedure performed by Dr. Zamboni.
The MS clinic is not for nor against it but more interested in doing their own research which I think is fair. I also see the side of the patient. If they have had the ultrasound - like I have - and know that they have blocked or collapsed veins and arteries...FIX ME. That should be a no brainer!

The Pharmaceutical companies and the doctors employed by them obviously don't approve of the research. I promised myself not to start on this as is it a sensitive subject in our house but I will say this...In the US alone the MS Pharmaceuticals is a 8.2 Billion dollar industry....'nuf said?
Think about it...Canada is one of the countries with the most registered patients...

There are some doctors calling the Liberation treatment a hoax and are mad because there are now millions of dollars being spent to prove or negate the findings. One doctor believes that the money and time is being wasted.

I have the link if you are interested in reading it.
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2475272

There were two long stories in the paper...This is the more tamed one...Imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment