Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Still debating...

I am still feeling good today!
I am also still stuck with the debate "To take or not take the shot"...

Here are some of my dilemmas and inner debates.
My last relapse was 12 weeks and the current one was / is about 3 weeks.
Summer vs. Winter
I never felt that it was really helping.
The effects of the injection daily is a lot to deal with. The welts, the itchy feeling, the swelling, the pain...
How good can it be if I deal with this every day.
I no longer "like" taking the shot. I actually dread it at night time.
If the Liberation treatment will truly work...what's the point.
What is the point? If I have a collapsed vein which I do...what is the injection doing to help it? Shouldn't I just be taking ASA daily to thin my blood?

Sunil suggested I think of taking the injection every other day...never thought about it until then and now I can't help but think about it!

The skin on my legs is now getting very thin.
Vein blood vessels under the skin on my legs are now very purple and is just not what "health" should look like in my eyes.

I clearly have some pondering to do.
It truly is a decision only I can make and I simply have no answers at this point.

Tomorrow we are attending Mark's great uncle's funeral.
He has been ill a very long time and at 91 I think he was ready to go.
He served in World War II as well as being part of CREB (The Calgary Real Estate Board) in the early days! He has a great family and will be missed.

Rest in peace Ervie
xox

1 comment:

  1. I'm assuming that you are on Copaxone, since your shots are daily. I also had horrible skin reactions on this medication, and it definitely did not work for me. I had something like five exacerbations in a year and a half. My neuro let me pick the meds that I wanted and I picked that because it was supposed to have the fewest side effects, but that's not really relevant if it doesn't work. I am now on Rebif and have not had an exacerbation in two years. Also NO skin reactions, just some mild flu-like symptoms, and not even with every shot. I highly recommend Rebif or Betaseron. They are both way stronger than Copaxone, and are what my neuro would have recommended if I hadn't specifically requested the Copaxone (which set me back quite a bit, given that I now have residual symptoms from those five exacerbations). Don't take any meds other than as prescribed! Talk to your neuro and consider switching!!

    ReplyDelete