Sunday, April 18, 2010

Emotional week

I have not let anything MS related get me down since pretty much day 1. I have done my best to stay positive in every regard. I have had a few hard MS days were I was simply put "not well" but I have not let it get me down.

I think this past week has been a test to see if I was still strong.

I have not once thought that I was not a candidate for the angioplasty.
I had so much faith in the Liberation findings and the research that I guess I was convinced that I had occlusions (blocked or collapsed veins) and that False Creek was going to get me my proof to go on.

OOOPS!

I was emailed the result from the False Creek staff last week and it was great news in the sense that nothing seems to be wrong for me in the way of blocked veins. I have no significant occlusions from what the MRV report states. The Doppler confirmed that there is an abnormality however Dr. Cooperberg told me that they also see this in "normal" people.

Great news!!!
But not what I was expecting...
It hit me hard because for the first time I realised that CCSVI may not be something that will be there to help me. I am still waiting to see the neuro (Dr. Costello) on the 27th for her interpretation. She has applied for her own grant to study the Liberation treatment and am sure she will be interested to see my results. I am anxious to see what she has to say.

As for me...What to do now?
Well, I haven't given up hope. I have written before of Mitch Albom's line "I am in love with hope" and I plan to stay true to this.

My Chiro (Dr. Kale) has been performing a special adjustment in the first 2 vertebraes for a few years and it has shown to be very helpful to MS patients.

I stopped his treatments a while back because I simply couldn't afford it.

I also plan on seeking alternative treatments if / when needed to continue getting better.

Next time I think I'll write about my theory on why I seem to be getting better...!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just wanted to say that there have been a lot of false negatives. Ginger had 'something' with her right jugular, and her left showed normal, yet when she went to poland they said they had never seen a jugular as occluded as her left one was (that showed 'noral') and she required a stent. So....don't take the scans as gospel! I sure hope you can be looked at again, maybe with a venogram?

    ReplyDelete