Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My visit to False Creek - Doppler

What a busy week!
I got home from Vancouver on Friday night to a sick hubby, lots of commitments for the weekend and started off Monday morning with a very sick baby. Grace is still very weak and this is why I haven't written about my trip yet. So here goes it!

Donna and I arrived at False Creek and I must say...It's pretty there!
I was given lots of paper work to read, sign and have witnessed. Thanks Donna!
The tests were running late so we decided to run out for a little shopping and come back.

We got back just in time as they were calling my name for the Doppler!

I must say, they staff at False Creek are FANTASTIC!

Our greeter led us to the Doppler room. I was given a gown in exchange for my shirt.
In the midst of all this I had a very big splinter in my thumb and it was very painfull!
I had a great doctor perform the Doppler (Thank you for coming out of retirement mode to perform testing. I appreciate it!).
I have had lots of people ask me "what is the Doppler?"
The Doppler is the same as an ultrasound except it is more (in layman's terms) 3D-ish. It allows you to see the blood circulation in blue and red. It also gives you the sound to attach to the image of the blood flow.
Here the doctor was looking to hear an abnormal flow. I was told that this is a sign of CCSVI however some normal people also have this irregularity.
I was told that I did in fact have the irregularity.

After everything was done and we were waiting for the DVD copies the Great Greeter got some tweezers and I was able to relieve the pain in my thumb!

We then had an hour to kill before my MRI / MRV. Being that is was lunch time, we headed out to eat and look around a bit too!
Across the street and up one block there was great shopping and food!!

I will continue to write of my visit to False Creek tomorrow with the MRI / MRV imaging ordeal!

No comments:

Post a Comment