Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm normal ?!

Last week I went to get blood work done.
I requested to have my vitamin D, B12 and iron as well as creatinine levels checked.

This is something I highly recommend we all ask for from our doctors.

Today I went to the doctors office for the results and was surprised to discover that everything is normal.

First, I have always had high levels of iron in my blood and to know that it's normal was a shocker! The good thing that Dr. Yip explained to me waas for me it would be dangerous to have the levels low as it would entice fatigue which is already a soft topic with us MS'ers!

I was also very surprised for the vitamin D levels because the common theme in MS is the low levels of vitamin D. Being normal may have to do with the 4,000 IU's daily that I take or it could be my body resetting itself from having the proper remedy!

The B12...I had a good reason to get it checked as well but I forgot what it was!

The creatinine levels were requested from False Creek. Dr. Yip told me that this is checked to monitor proper liver function due to the dye I will be injected with when the imaging is performed. The dye can temporarily put you in renal failure if the levels aren't normal. Yikes!

So I guess I am all round healthy for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment