Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Meeting the nurse

Today is another 2 for one day! What can I say, I've had lots to tell you!

As I mentioned yesterday, last night I met with the Copaxone nurse.

Yesterday was by far the worst day I have ever had. Thank you Mark for being there. It really helped. Donna, thanks for taking Grace, I was in no frame of mind to take care of her.

I have never cried that much in my life. I was very sleep deprived, nervous and scared. In a way the reality hit home yesterday. I was not in denial about having MS but having to succumb to an injection daily made it real and I, like anyone else, would prefer to be healthy and not have that worry.

After my meeting with Pam I felt much better and today so far is a great day.

For the first time in my life I have played with a loaded syringe and "had fun"! I gave myself the first injection last night in my "love handle". I thought putting it in would hurt but it didn't! The kicker was about 3 minutes later when it started to burn! OWCH! ICE PACK!

The burn last about 20 minutes and then you forget about it. I did have a reaction to the injection which is normal. My reaction is what looks like a mosquito bite. Pink and that "bite" bump. It didn't hurt but if I touched it, it got itchy.

All in all, it was easy and I am almost looking forward to tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment