Sunday, August 9, 2009

Making the call

Making decisions is never easy and that is something we all know and share.
Weather it's what to make for dinner or life insurance they are never fun and almost never easy.


Making the decision to get married was a 7 of 10.

Having a baby was a no brainer. Daycare is 9 of 10.

Choosing to take meds for MS is a 10 of 10 for me.


Now I have to chose which one I find will be the best fit for me.
Not only does it boil down to taking a medicine but the meds are all given via injections. Daily.
They aren't all like that. I am choosing Copaxone for a simple reason.

At the very beginning of my journey many people told me that MS is a self discovery disease. I was told I will now have to learn to listen to my body, get to know myself better then ever before and to make decision based on my gut instinct.

You may think my reasoning is nuts but here goes it.
A few Monday's ago when I had my complete breakdown I had not yet started research on what meds I wanted to take. My nurse had told me of the 4 choices but I left it at that. I really couldn't have told you the names of them if you asked me!

I laid down that afternoon and had a nap. When I woke up all I could think of was Copaxone. At first I couldn't figure out what the word was or why I was thinking about it. I got a drink of water and then I seen the pamphlet.

Aha...I guess that's the one for me!

It's 8:30 am, Grace has just woken up and I am getting ready to make my call!

Thank you Richard for your comment, great minds think alike!

No comments:

Post a Comment