Thursday, August 20, 2009

My new best friends!

Well you know it's gonna be a hot one when you roll out of bed in the morning, you sit to eat breakfast at 9:30 and the AC kicks on!

So we decided to stay home which was good because I am having a "myelin headache". No such thing exists but when I get these headaches...that's what I call them!

Mark just called me and warned my that tomorrow is going to be even hotter...Time to look for a time share in the North Pole!

Now for my new best friends!
Next week I am to visit the MS clinic and get my Copaxone prescription so I decided to stop by my pharmacy and get some info. Just to have my "ducks in a row" as "They" say.

I never put much thought into getting my prescription but here is what I walked away with...

- 1 shot a day
- 1 prescription is for 30 pre-loaded needles
- I can get an auto-injector
- I will need to buy alcohol swabs
- I will need a bio-hazard bin
- All shots must be kept cold (in the fridge) until time to use them
- They must be at room temperature for injection
- 1 box of 30 needles cost approx $1500.00 (That's for only 1 month)
- Copaxone is the most commonly used MS drug at my local pharmacy

I think that's it but as you can see... I left a little bit overwhelmed!

I am a little bit nervous about giving myself a shot a day but then again I wasn't comfortable with the MS news or the symptoms either. It's the kind of thing that you really do take one day at a time. Let's see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment