Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Research ... calls... waiting...

Thank you Sandra for the info and for reading!

I am always so shocked when I see / hear that the general public read my blog. It makes me happy and it's also strange to think that people other then my loved ones read. I love it!

I spent a small portion of today on the phone trying to get past results from my past MRI's. Both research and diagnostics. I then spoke with Jessie who is Dr. Costellos' research team leader...I think! She is very sweet.

She let me know that Dr. Costello did apply for funding to start performing the CCSVI imaging. This means great things for Calgary if she gets approved.

I am still in contact with Dr. Haacke daily and he did inform me tonight that he is hoping to "join efforts" with False Creek in BC.

My MS goal for tomorrow is to get in touch with False Creek and see if I can get a Private Scan and if so, what would be the cost. I also read briefly that they are trying to get public funding which again would mean great things to the Vancouver MS clinic patients.

I find it very interesting that Alberta has the highest rate of MS patients but somehow we seem to have the hardest time getting anywhere as far as research and help.

I received an article today from a friend. Again, it was great news towards the MS world but this article was about the Universities of BC and Saskatchewan beginning patient trials. My question then becomes "What are the Universities in Alberta spending their money on?" Pharmaceuticals? Oil?... who knows!

After another day filled with information I still am very hopeful that only good will come from this. I hope to be able to one day help break the political walls surrounding treatment. Ambassador maybe? I also hope that if this isn't proof of a cure that it can then become (in the very least) a treatment that can help alleviate some of the symptoms or even help prevent relapses.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. nice to have found your page...i too live with MS, for the last 20 years. no fun at all...good luck with the ccsvi.

    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=329585827017 <<< thats my facebook group for my MS photomentary

    ReplyDelete