Monday, February 15, 2010

Something to think about...

I love to read.
After reading to learn more on MS my favorite books are the CSI types. You know...Blood, guts, gore and a great story to keep me turning the pages.

This said, I love Mitch Albom as an author. I first heard of him from himself! I attended a Power Within here in Calgary just after Tuesday's with Morrie was released and fell in love. What a great story teller.
Now I tell you about this because I just finished reading "Have a little faith" and it was yet another great book. I wanted to share a little blurb from this book with you because it made me think and it is something I need to work on. I think most of us do at some point.

This is from page 59 and it's a Sermon by the Reb.

A little girl came home from school with a drawing she'd made in class. She danced into the kitchen, where her mother was preparing dinner.
"Mom, guess what?" She squealed, waving the drawing.
Her mother never looked up
"What she said" tending to the pots.
"Guess what?" the child repeated, waving the drawing.
"What she said" tending to the plates.
"Mom, you're not listening"
"Sweetie, yes I am"
"Mom" she said "you're not listening with your eyes."

I cried when I read this.

He then finished the book with this:

"I am in love with hope."

I want to be in love with hope.

This weekend has been one that has given me hope.
Hope.
I have read many things this weekend. Many medical articles, many press releases, many doctor statements.
It gives me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment